Stuff

How does this happen? How do two people who promised to love, honor, and cherish spend an evening walking through an emotionally dead house deciding who gets what furniture? I want to scream.

I don't care about the furniture.

I don't care who gets which car.

I want my husband back.

The one I married when neither of us had anything.

The one who used to tell me we could do anything so long as we did it together.

The one who wanted to know me. The real me.

But I sort of feel like that man died. And then so did I.

He wants the house. Good. I don't want to live here. We agreed that I would move out this weekend. And that we would file on Monday. And he wants all of our accounting separated out by Wednesday. So not only does he not want me anymore, he wants me gone as fast as possible. What did I ever do to him?