Healing

Today was the last day of the divorce recovery group class. It wasn't an awful 13 weeks ... but it wasn't great. A lot of people in the group just want to feel better. I want to be better. But in many ways, it was helpful. It was good to know other people in similar situation. Sitting around the table helped me gain perspective, empathize even during my own pain, and hope for better for all of us. One of the discussion leaders, a lovely woman, gives everyone a word descriptor at the end of the course. Mine was healing. Apt, since I needed both physical and emotional healing time through this process. And I do feel like I have healed ... or am on some kind of decent path. The timing of this particular course was rather perfect as the final hearing is this week. I feel like I have closure now. Moving forward.