History

I“History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?” - Dan Brown, The DaVinci Code
He's changing the story. A lot. To make himself the winner? I don't know.

We have long time friends that he brought to the relationship ... who he needs to talk to about this. And he finally has ... just this week. Maybe just today. After the awful of the past two years ... After the heart-wrenching events of last summer ... After we've filed for divorce. Why has he not been talking to his friends???????



I had dinner with one of them tonight. She is confused and disheartened. Join the club, sister. I don't feel comfortable telling her about the real reason for the divorce ... because she is his friend. And I promised him I wouldn't strip him of his friends. So I gave some generic "changes and differences" answer and then just willed the conversation to move on. And it did. But she knew I was lying ... And I've lost her trust because of it.