Anchor


When my world started to spin, two amazing friends helped anchor me on the steadily turning earth. They weren't overbearing or invasive in their attempts to support. Mostly they were simply available when I needed and could handle human interaction, which they engaged in with the watchful eye of people who can see the storm and who are mindful enough to know the person who survives it will be better on the other side. 


This summer I had the chance to become one such anchor to another friend. As I've watched his journey thus far, I've reflected a bit on the past year. It is strangely comforting to think that not only have I normalized, but that at some point I normalized enough to become someone else's anchor. With that notion came the realization that I am well - not I "will be some day," but that I am truly healthy.