Pottery and Willow

In the United States, pottery and willow are the two traditional symbols of a nine year anniversary. The willow is flexible, symbolizing harmony. Pottery represents moulding and shaping into something of beauty over time.

What a poignant reminder of the 9 years since that night.  It’s been 4 years since I wrote here.  So much is the same and yet so much has changed.

The most change has been me changing me.  Deep beneath the surface, to my innermost core, I have healed.  Not only the trauma this blog has chronicled, but all of it: childhood, family, mental health … I set about to understand and unpack everything.

And I am unmistakably different: unafraid, confident, happy, settled.  I embrace true and love-filled emotional response in every aspect of life.  I will never be grateful for what happened, but I am thankful for the good I have experienced since. 

Happy birthday Hoodie.  You love you ❤️‍🩹