Alone

I have recently rediscovered "alone." Just me, wherever I happen to be. At first it felt foreign, as though there should be someone else there. But not now. Now alone feels just as it is: alone. And it's not bad. I truly enjoy my own company. I crack myself up making jokes about the world for no one's amusement but my own. 
I am an extrovert, so I can't go very long truly alone before I start to feel wobbly. So while I enjoy the alone,  I also seek out people. I tend to look first to friends, but I also look for new people: I go places where I know no one and strike up conversation with complete strangers. I do it safely, with an eye and ear out for the creepier types. But I have found that a lot of other people feel alone too. And we aren't. Not really. We just have to find each other.